By sominator @ February 6, 2014 at 7:00am
This build is set to go live at 7AM PST on 2/6/14.
- New Event: Challenge of the Gods
- During the Challenge of the Gods Event, challenges will appear as you slay Neverwinter's enemies. Should you accept them, you will be granted a short quest to complete. These quests are time limited, and include some type of restriction on how you can complete them. Upon completion of the quest, you will be rewarded with a Gift of the Gods.
- Event begins: February 6, 2014 at 10 A.M. PST
- Event ends: February 10, 2014 at 10 A.M. PST
- Gateway Daily Awards
- The first time you visit Sword Coast Adventures each calendar day, you will roll a D20 and get a reward based on that roll. After you finish your first adventure each day, you get a bonus reward. After you finish your second adventure each day, you get a bonus reward and are told to come back the next day for more.
Classes and Balance
- Guardian Fighters: Animations and FX will now completely play for this class similar to all other classes instead of cutting slightly short.
Content and Environment
- Ambient Sprites in Sharandar will now have proper costumes instead of the hooded skeleton men they were for a short time.
- Neverdeath: Filial Villainy: It is possible to interact with the Necromancer's Journal near the Clock Tower once again.
- The Dread Ring Arcane Coffer at the end of a Lair can now only be interacted by one play at a time but will now give rewards based on the gauntlet used to open it and not the lowest quality gauntlet used to open it.
- Collections: You can now check your collection progress on your character sheet. Select the Collections tab on the character page. This works largely as it does in the full client. Tooltips, etc.
- Companion Index: In Sword Coast Adventures, there are now two buttons next to the Help (?) button. The Hand gives you a list of all the companions you've collected. Clicking on a companion will show why dice that kind of companion can get.
- Companions will now be synchronized with their proper XP, upgrade and training status in some cases they were previously not.
- Dice Guide: Between the Companion Index and Help tabs is the dice guide. This is the same guide that used to be in the Help menu.
- The professions page now has more accurate timers.
- There is now a tooltip to the XP bar on companions so it is easier to tell how much XP they need to reach the next rank.
Items and Economy
- Axe style weapons now all properly align correctly for Great Weapon Fighters of all races when resting on their backs. No more tilted axe heads.
- Brutal enchantments now have their own unique icons.
- Dread Warrior companion no longer displays double Siphon Strike buff icons on players.
- The Fey weapons previously removed from the Wondrous Bazaar can now be found in the Sharandar store. They remain part of the same collection, so no progress on that collection is lost and the collection can once again be completed.
- The Icon of Despair in the Throne of Idris Dungeon has had its quality upgraded. This is now a purple item and can be salvaged.
- The following Level 60 items now list that they can be salvaged: Ring of Angharradh, Cloak of Angharradh, Belt of Angharradh
- The following crafted weapons can now be salvaged: Gemmed Hunter's Blades +6, Hunter's Blades +6, Blades +6, Gemmed Hunter's Longbow +6, Hunter's Longbow +6, Longbow +6
- The following items no longer claim incorrectly that they can be salvaged: Cloak of the Sylvan Grove, Ring of the Sylvan Grove
- Gateway will now play a companions VO callouts in the appropriate language where available.
Performance and Stability
- Resolved a very rare client crash that could occur relating to multithreaded timers.
- Auction House search rates have been reduced from 6 every 30 seconds to 4 every 28 seconds. This is a short term fix to help address performance issues that can occur at certain times when using the Auction House.
- Item tooltip links in text messages such as the Event UI now more reliably show the proper item information.
- Resolved a few rare cases where statistics could be rounded incorrectly and display a negative number on the Character Page.